About My Boxen
The number & configuration of computers I own seems to change quite often. As I'm writing this I'm currently surrounded immediately by 4 computers (1 is headless), 4 computer monitors, and a laptop.
- alpha - wireless router - Buffalo AirStation A/G G54 running dd-wrt
- iota - main desktop - Intel e6750 Core2 Duo, 4gb ram, nVidia 9600gt, dual-monitors, *buntu - Jaunty (using Xfce - KDE4 is currently crap)
- lambda - lan party box - Shuttle XPC, AMD Athlon 64 x2 5050e 2.6Ghz 45W dual-core, 4gb ram, nVidia 8600gts, Windows XP 32bit and *buntu Intrepid (has KDE3, Gnome, Xfce, and several others installed for demo purposes)
- mu - mythtv frontend - Intel Atom 330 Mini-ITX, 2gb ram, 19" wide screen, Mythbuntu - Intrepid
- gamma - fileserver - Intel Atom 330 Mini-ITX, 2gb ram, 4x 750gb hard drives in a software raid5 configuration, Ubuntu-Server - Jaunty
- gamma (old) - old fileserver - mobo & ram are going to replace my parents' fileserver, the raid5 array is going into the mythtv backend. Intel Atom 230 D201GLY Mini-ITX, 1gb ram, running Ubuntu-Server - Gutsy
- zeta - laptop - Dell Inspiron 5100 - doing it's best meltdown impersonation
- delta - mythtv backend - AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1gb ram, ATI Radeon 9600, Hauppauge PVR-500 dual tuner, Mythbuntu - Hardy
- epsilon - laptop - Compaq Presario - maybe 667Mhz & 512mb ram?, has been used as a low power consumption test server/file server, and probably has Ubuntu-Server Gutsy on it
- beta - Dell Dimension L667r - Intel 667Mhz, 512mb ram, either has Debian on it or maybe possibly Ubuntu-Server Feisty. This beast has been turned off for a while. The person I got it from had Windows ME on it and it never worked.
- tmp - no idea of the specs on this. This box was put together to temporarily store data from a harddrive used in my first raid array. I think everything except the email was transferred to the new server. I believe it still has a version of Mandrake on it - which means it's been turned of for quite a long time.
I also tend to maintain my parents' boxen as well... At least the hardware on the windows boxes (have them interested in linux as a desktop).
- missy - wireless router - Buffalo AirStation A/G G54 running dd-wrt
- tex - Dell - cpu might be over 1ghz, less than 1gb ram, Dell's Windows XP install - complete with all the cpu & ram gobbling malware and badly partitioned hard drive (oh & no install CD). Refuses to play nice with dc.
We're having problems with Tex on the network again.
When was the last time you rebooted Tex?
- dc (darn cat) - HP laptop - not sure of specs, but it usually runs faster than tex and it came with installation CDs (hard drive was formatted & it got a clean install of Windows XP). Has issues after reviving from suspend - usually because tex is jealous.
- ceta (1 of my old desktops, it really needs a rename) - fileserver - Intel? 1ghz, 256mb ram (previously 1gb, but the 512mb & the other 256mb went bad), had 3x 400gb hard drives in a raid5 - awaiting 3x 650gb i think